OA Canadian Odyssey Program
The Order of the Arrow Canadian Odyssey program is an experience like no other! For two weeks, you will join together with Arrowmen from around the country and experience the wild beauty of the Quetico Provincial Park of Ontario, Canada.
Like its U.S. counterpart, the first week of the OA Canadian Odyssey program is spent giving back to the Quetico through portage trail restoration work. Participants have the opportunity to leave their mark on the Quetico that will enable thousands of visitors each year to better enjoy their experience. Trail work involves restoring and protecting trails that have existed for centuries and are in dire need or repair.
The second part of the program is a trek through the Quetico Provincial Park in Ontario, Canada designed to challenge and inspire. Due to the international travel involved with this program, it is required that all participants must have a valid passport as well as a clean criminal record or they will NOT be permitted to cross the international border and will be sent home.
OA Canadian Odyssey Requirements
To attend the Order of the Arrow Canadian Odyssey program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Every participant must be at least 16 years of age by the day your program starts, but not yet 21 by its conclusion.
- Participants must also be registered members of the Boy Scouts of America and an Order of the Arrow Lodge.
- A complete physical examination in required. (BSA's Health and Medical Record will be sent to those who are accepted.)
- Every participant must have a valid passport as well as a clean criminal record or they will NOT be permitted to cross the international border and will be sent home. It is critical to submit paperwork for a Remote Area Border Crossing (RABC) prior to arrival on base by at least 6 weeks.
- All participants are required to complete a BSA Swim Test before their arrival at Northern Tier. A Swim Test will NOT be done at Base. An up-to-date and complete BSA Swim Test form must be presented during the participant check in process on Base on the day of arrival. The form can be found here.
There are no exceptions to these rules. Selection for the Canadian Odyssey program is both an honor and a privilege.