Attending national events is a great way to deepen your understanding of the Order, build strong relationships with Arrowmen outside of your lodge, and learn best practices for program ideas.
Benefits to Arrowmen
- Meet and interact with Arrowmen across the country.
- Participate in some of Scouting’s largest events.
- Discover innovative program ideas for your lodge, chapter, or unit by participating in unique programs, cutting-edge training, and inspirational gatherings for your next event, big or small!
- Ready for college? Attend NOAC and experience residence hall living and dining. NOAC is a perfect opportunity to get a small taste of what the typical on-campus college lifestyle is like.
Benefits to Lodges
- Expose your lodge leaders to ‘what can be’ beyond your council. Our members only can imagine from what they've seen and experienced. Arrowmen who attend national events often imagine bigger, bolder ideas that lead to a more memorable lodge program.
- Motivate your lodge leaders and membership. Lodge members returning from national events are more likely to step up and lead local events. National events provide an unmatched level of enthusiasm that inspires Arrowmen to carry out their vision.
- Build relationships among your lodge leadership team. Spending time together in a positive OA environment—there’s no better way to develop your lodge’s leadership team than attending a national event.