On the weekend of June 11-13, 1965 Unami Lodge hosted an Area 3A conference at Treasure Island. Part of the area conference program was the dedication of a plaque commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Order. Four hundred Arrowmen were on hand along with the Founders, E. Urner Goodman and Carroll A. Edson, the Order’s first chief George Chapman and the Order's first Guide and Guardian of the Trail, Harry Yoder. The Plaque reads:
‘Mindful of Our High Tradition’ On July 16, 1915 the first ceremony of the Order of the Arrow, W.W.W., was held at this place. In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Order and in honor of 764,947 Scouts, Explorers, and Scouters who became members of the Order of the Arrow during the past 50 years we place this marker.
Dedicated this 12th Day of June 1965
E. Urner Goodman and Carroll A. Edson
Founders of the Order of the Arrow
L. George Feil Chairman, National Committee
Joseph A. Brunton, Jr., Chief Scout Executive
Thomas J. Watson, Jr., President, National Council