Session Length: 50-58 minutes
- Understand the purpose of the OA Troop Representative and resources available
- Understand some of the challenges in establishing or maintaining the OA Troop Representative program in their chapter/lodge.
- Realize the importance of working closely with the unit leader in developing effective representatives
- Develop methods to establish and/or increase the effectiveness of OA Troop Representatives in your chapter/lodge.
- Flipchart w/easel
- Overhead projector
- Computer w/projector
- Small prizes for participation
Outline of the Session:
- This session was designed to provide Arrowmen with background and information on the Order of the Arrow Troop Representative program. The trainer for this session should be someone familiar with all aspects of the Troop Representative program, ideally, someone who has experience as the chair of the Lodge’s Troop Rep. committee, or someone who has served as a Troop Representative. The trainer should also be highly energetic, enthusiastic and able to leverage his past training experiences to create enthusiasm among the participants.
- Study this syllabus
- Review support materials provided
- Choose Audio/Visual delivery method and prepare accordingly
- Recruit a training assistant (optional)