Session Length: 45 Minutes
- To understand the essential components of a successful unit election.
- To discuss effective methods of promoting candidate to member conversion.
- To gain a comprehension of the brotherhood conversion process and the importance of sealing your membership in the order.
- This session will instill in participants a comprehensive knowledge of the unit elections process.
- This session will cover the pitfalls of candidate to member conversion and offer best practices that participants will be able to employ in their lodge and chapter to encourage conversion and member retention.
- This session will offer information about the importance of brotherhood conversion and how to best promote the completion of the brotherhood to eligible members.
- Flipchart or whiteboard
- Best practices handout
Outline of the Session:
- Introduction – 3 Minutes
- Unit Elections – 10 Minutes
- Importance of an election
- Getting Units to Hold an Election
- Holding the Election
- Candidate to Member Conversion – 10 minutes
- Getting Candidates to their Ordeal
- Retaining New Members
- Candidate Conversion as a JTE Metric
- Brotherhood Conversion – 5 Minutes
- Improving Brotherhood Conversion in your Lodge
This session relies heavily on group discussion to best tailor the content to each individual lodge as different lodges face different issues when it comes to conversion points. The trainer(s) should be well versed in unit elections, candidate to member conversion, and brotherhood conversion as it pertains to their lodge in order to best facilitate worthwhile discussions for participants. The trainer should take the time to review the resources appended to this syllabus such the guide to elections and SURGE literature so that they will be able to answer any questions pertaining to the material.