Session Length: 50 Minutes
- First Contact - (Communication, Responsibility, Impression)
- Keeping in Contact - (Timely, Professional)
- Overall Communication
- Brotherhood in Cheerful Service
- (Any Lodge Specific Information and Input)
- Lined paper
- Writing utensils
- A computer or laptop
- A projector or smartboard
- An open space for the final activity
Outline of the Session:
- This session will outline the process and aspects of building and maintaining a relationship. This session is broken into four main objectives: first contact, keeping in contact, overall communication, and brotherhood in cheerful service. The session focuses on the importance of communication, responsibility, impressions, timeliness, and professionalism. Through each of the main objectives these five characteristics will show their importance, especially in relationship building and maintenance.
This session focuses on building and maintaining a relationship. Be prepared to begin building a relationship with your trainees. Please develop your own examples to use for the various parts of the session. Be sure to incite discussion throughout to keep everyone engaged. Where you do so is up to your preference unless it is stated in the text. You should have a full understanding of the material and resources. Most importantly have a positive attitude and plenty of enthusiasm!