Skip to main content

Our History

Second Official Jeweler

Hood & Co. Becomes Second Official OA Jeweler

In 1927, the Grand Lodge selected Hood and Company of Philadelphia as the second Official Jeweler of the Order. Hood and Company with Arrowman Jennings Hood proprietor replaced the National Jewelry Company. Hood and Company made the silver arrow pins worn by all members as well as the Brotherhood Honor / Second Degree and Vigil Honor / Third Degree totem pins for individual lodges. It was not required that a lodge use Hood and several lodges such as Moqua Lodge of Chicago and Zit-Kala-Sha Lodge of Louisville, Kentucky chose local jewelers. Hood would remain the official jeweler until 1945 when Jennings Hood went to work for J.E. Caldwell Company of Philadelphia and brought his high quality jeweler dies of the totems with him.