Skip to main content

OA High Adventure COVID-19 Update

May 01, 2020     Announcements

 

The BSA High Adventure Bases have delayed the start for all summer programs, including OA High Adventure. Northern Tier and Sea Base are planning to open on June 15th.  Philmont and the Summit Bechtel Reserve are planning to open on July 1st. All 2020 participants effected have received an email on how to move their registration to a later session, if space is available, or receive a full program refund. We look forward to providing life changing treks during safe conditions.  Additional information is available in the OA High Adventure COVID-19 FAQ.

OA High Adventure programs will follow the lead and guidance of the respective High Adventure Bases and send future updates as the Bases update their status.

Please refer to each High Adventure Bases’ website, listed below for updates on a bi-monthly basis.

The Summit Bechtel Reserve - https://www.summitbsa.org/                                       

Northern Tier – https://www.ntier.org/  

Philmont Scout Ranch - https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/

Sea Base -  https://www.bsaseabase.org/

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Why did the Order of the Arrow wait till this date to cancel?
A. We worked closely with each High Adventure Base as they have monitored the situation with local authorities. We must follow the direction each base has taken towards operating program.


Q. If I move to a later session, could that session be canceled also?
A. The COVID-19 pandemic continues to be an unprecedented, fluid situation. We are already working closely with high adventure base and their respective state health and government officials to ensure we can meet the health and safety needs of all those who attend. If we cannot meet the required health and safety needs of the attendees, the event may be modified or cancelled.


Q. If later sessions are canceled would I be refunded?
A. Yes, if additional sessions are canceled the option for a refund or moving to 2021 will still be valid.


Q. If I can’t attend an open session can capacity be added to full sessions?
A. Due to permitting requirements in wilderness areas and social distancing/ group gathering size recommendations additional capacity cannot be guaranteed. In addition, we are working with the High Adventure Bases to determine the feasibility of adding additional sessions after the last session date. If any changes are made, an update will be sent to you.


Q. How do I move my registration to a later date?
A. Please reply to this email with the sessions you can attend, and your registration will be moved. If possible, please list more than one session, in order of preference, so we can accommodate as many requests as possible. Once your session has been confirmed, we will notify you of the new date.


Q. How do I move my registration to 2021?
A. Contact us with a request and a no-fee registration link and list of session dates will be sent to you in the coming weeks. After you complete the registration, we will transfer any fees that have been currently paid.


Q. How do I request a refund?
A. Contact us with a request for a refund. In most cases, the refund will be issued to the original payment card within 7-10 business days. If additional details are required to process your refund, we will reach out to you.