As our communities begin to emerge from sheltering in place and we adjust to our new “normal,” the Order of the Arrow will seek to help Lodges re-engage in their activities, support their local council, and provide cheerful service to their communities.
Goals and Objectives of this plan:
- Provide lodges with suggestions and support to maintain an active, robust program that will attract membership participation
- Maintain a priority for compliance with BSA and local health and safety guidelines
- Focus on meeting the needs of the youth membership by providing structured activities that appeal to their desire for fellowship and fun while remaining consistent with our core principles and purpose.
- Continue our focus on enhancing membership.
- Maintain a sense of optimism as we develop a pathway that will ensure the future growth and relevance of the OA within Scouting and our nation.
In addition to the portal posted on our webpage, we’ve launched a Facebook group for lodge-leaders to connect and share comments and suggestions regarding best-practices and resources developed by the national organization. You can view and join this group here. Please note: The Order of the Arrow will share these ideas via posts, and you will have the ability to create conversation regarding them in the comments. Only group administrators are permitted to create new posts or conversation topics.
For more information, visit oa-bsa.org/resources/reemerging.