For the first time ever, OA alumni, as part of the OA Alliance, will have the opportunity for a day-long NOAC experience. NOAC 2022 will commence on Monday, July 25 at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
For a nominal fee of $75, OA alumni can attend a one-day, special NOAC program which will include meals, activities, the evening theme show, access to exclusive merchandise, and meeting fellow alumni at a private evening social hour off-campus. Registered OA alumni should plan to arrive the evening of Sunday, July 24, and plan to depart the morning of Tuesday, July 26. Registered and participating alumni are expected to organize their own travel and lodging; the OA Alliance is offering a hotel block available at a discounted rate.
Who: All OA alumni are welcome, as well as their spouses and significant others. Who are OA alumni? Anyone 18 years or older whose dues have lapsed for two or more years are considered an alumni of the OA. All prospective participants are required to complete the registration process and a background check, as well as book travel and lodging. Spouses and/or significant others should submit their own individual registration utilizing the same processes as alumni.
What: OA Alumni Day at the 2022 National Order of the Arrow Conference
Where: University of Tennessee, Knoxville
When: Monday, July 25, 2022. Plan to arrive Sunday evening, July 24, and depart Tuesday, July 26.
Why: Scouting and OA alumni will have a unique opportunity to experience the Order of the Arrow’s largest event, the National Order of the Arrow Conference.
- Register: For those who do not have an ArrowID account, create one to sign up via NOAC’s registration portal.
- Travel: Booked and coordinated separately. Participating alumni who are flying should plan to fly into and out of Knoxville’s McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS). Travel to the hotel from the airport can either be on private or requested - details will be sent to registered participants. Parking is available at the hotel. Valet parking for $28 per day or self park at the State Street Garage for $7 per day.
- Lodging: Rooms are available at the Hyatt Place Knoxville at a discounted price of $139/night. Participating alumni must book their own room(s) at the Hyatt. Once registered, alumni will receive information on how to book with a discounted rate.
- Background Check/Youth Protection Training: While OA alumni do not need to be dues paid members to join, registration for this program includes consent to a standard background check and will also require proof of Youth Protection Training completion. These are requirements to participate in all BSA programs. Details on these requirements will be sent directly to participants who register.
- Tentative Schedule (Monday, July 25):
- 6:30-9am: Breakfast at the Hyatt Place Knoxville
- 9am: Check-in at the OA Alliance table at the Hyatt Place Knoxville
- 9-10am: Travel to campus
- 10am-12pm: Open activities (trading post, museum, ACES village, lumberjack games, etc.)
- 12pm: Lunch on campus
- 12-3pm: Open activities
- 3pm: Alumni reception
- 6pm: Dinner on campus
- 8pm: NOAC Opening Show
- 10:30pm: Alumni Happy Hour
We encourage registration by July 1 to ensure participating alumni can properly book accommodations and fulfill other registration requirements. Have questions or ideas on OA Alumni Day at NOAC, or the OA alliance? Please review the FAQ page or reach out to @email.
This is a unique opportunity to enjoy Scouting’s second-largest event at a discounted price. Undoubtedly, this adventure will rekindle your Scouting spirit and leave lasting memories. Register using this link or click the button below, and see you at OA Alumni Day at NOAC soon!