Skip to main content
We've detected that you're using an unsupported browser. You may experience issues using the OA website. Please visit our supported browsers page for more information.

Q/A: New Lodge Membership as an Adult

Q: I was inducted into a lodge in the 70's as a Scout. I have recently become an assistant Scoutmaster and I would like to add a lodge patch to the pocket flap of my uniform. Do I still belong to the original lodge or do I now belong to the local lodge? Where do I look to buy the appropriate lodge patch?

A: Once a Scout goes through his Ordeal, he is a member of the Order of the Arrow for the rest of his life (as long as he is registered with the BSA). As he moves to new councils, he needs to connect with the local OA lodge at each place to continue his active membership.

You are no longer a member of your original lodge. You should become a member of the lodge in which you currently have your Scouting registration. Generally, all you need to do is to pay your dues in your new lodge.

You should contact your current council's service center. Explain the situation, and they should be able to tell you how to pay your dues and acquire a lodge flap. They can also put you in contact with the local lodge leadership, so you can become an active OA member.