Steven Buer is an Eagle Scout from Troop 104 in Fremont, NE. He served as the Section G5 Chief before being elected as the 2022 national vice chief. Here are his tips on leadership and life:
1. Take accountability: There are going to be times when you make mistakes. Trust me, I have been in those situations. When the time comes, you have to be ready to take accountability.
2. Listen: Many people have great wisdom and have many amazing things to say. Listen more and when you do that you will find yourself in a position where you not only learn more but develop stronger connections.
3. Live in the moment: Living in the moment is so much more important than what people say. It is incredibly tough to do this sometimes but when you do you find yourself in a position that makes you happier.
4. Be genuine with everyone: Life is happier and more fun with the more genuine relationships you build throughout your life. Be genuine to everyone you encounter because you never know how much you can impact their life, or even how much they could impact yours.
5. Be confident in your ability: You can accomplish so much in your life and you have not even reached your full potential just yet. People overestimate what they can do in a single year but they underestimate what they can do over the course of a few years. Keep that in mind with everything you do.