Lodge History Resource Guide now available
The Lodge History Resource Guide was conceived during the Centennial National Order of the Arrow Conference (NOAC) in 2015. At that time, many Arrowmen directed their attention to historical preservation, and everywhere sections and lodges benefited from their renewed focus. Lodges, in particular, were tasked with revisiting (or, in some cases, visiting for the first time) the status of their own histories by submitting their very own Centennial Lodge History Book. However, many lodges, despite their invaluable historical knowledge, found challenging the task of conducting a historical project.
This guide was produced with the aim of providing lodge historians with a resource of best practices from some of the best and most experienced historians within the Order of the Arrow and the Boy Scouts of America. Inside are articles addressing the following topics:
- Assembly of lodge collections
- Preservation of historical donations, memorabilia, and materials
- Considerations for maintenance and succession planning of lodge history work
- How to write about history
- How to conduct an oral history
- Historical presentation and aesthetics
- Historical exhibit design and construction
- Steps for developing an engaging lodge history webpage
- Using photography in a written history
Head over to the Publications area and download your copy today.
Last revised on