The purpose of the Conclave Training Initiative (CTI) is to provide at least one training session each year for sections to use to augment their own conclave training. CTI was created based on a goal from the 2003-2007 OA Strategic Plan calling for "...an initiative to enhance learning opportunities at section conclaves."
Each year, at camps across the United States, Arrowmen gather for section conclaves: weekends of fun, fellowship and training. Though the needs of each section and lodge are different, the National OA Committee desired a way to promote increased quality of conclave trainings, as well as a uniformity of presentations regarding certain important topics, such as the themes of national OA conferences. It was out of this desire to provide support for training programs that the Conclave Training Initiative (CTI) was created. By delivering training with a consistent message, useful information and a creative approach, CTI aims to enhance the quality of training at conclave, with session that cover topics ranging from Cub Scouting to the Journey to Excellence program. The CTI team encourages you to take advantage of these truly unique and informative sessions by incorporating them into your conclave training plan.
Resource materials are also available in PDF format online through this web site. Accompanying PowerPoint presentations are also available online.
Session 1: The 2003-2007 OA Strategic Plan - "A Legacy of Servant Leadership"
Session 2: Brotherhood Conversion - "Understanding and Meeting Quality Lodge Requirements"
Session 3: OA Troop/Team Representative - "A Guide to Effective Local Program"
Session 4: OA Scoutreach Mentoring - "An Arrowman's Introduction"
Session 5: The OA and Cub Scouting - "The Order's Role"
Session 6: Supporting the Council - "The Lodge's Role in Council Support"
- Session 6 Resource Material (207 KB)
- Session 6 PowerPoint Presentation (1.0 MB)
- Session 6 Resource Handout (130 KB)
Session 7: Living the Legacy - "The Order of the Arrow 2008-2012 Strategic Plan"
- Session 7 Resource Material (156 KB)
Session 8: ArrowCorps5 - "Making it Happen Back Home"
- Session 8 Resource Material (110 KB)
Session 9: Membership Retention
Session 2012: Servant Leadership and Journey to Excellence
- Session Servant Leadership (195 KB)
- Resource Servant Leadership Handout (119 KB)
- Session Journey to Excellence (148 KB)
Session 2014: Centuries of Service: The 100th Anniversary of the Order of the Arrow
- Session 100th Anniversary (Version 2) (163 KB)
- Session 2014 Light Background PowerPoint Presentation (9.71 MB)
- Session 2014 Dark Background PowerPoint Presentation (9.71 MB)
Session 2015: Building an Effective Social Media Program
- Session Material (467 KB)
Session 2015: Journey to Excellence
- Journey to Excellence Presentation (1.9 MB)
- Journey to Excellence Material (795 KB)
- Journey to Excellence Worksheet (715 KB)
Session 2016: Alumni Relations
- Alumni Relations Presentation (3.1 MB)
- Alumni Relations Material (407 KB)
- Alumni Relations Poster (199 KB)
- Alumni Relations Poster (320 KB)
Session 2016: eNewsletters
Session 2016: OA High Adventure