The New Role of the Section:
The Section Officer's Jobs
The existing duties of the section officers will not be changed by the new
role of the section. However, the Section Chief and Section Vice Chief
will each have some additional responsibilities. Only the officer's new
duties are listed here. (For more information on the duties of section
officers, see the
"Field Operations Guide"):
- Guide the section vice chief in appointing members of the Assistance Team.
- Promote the Quality Lodge program as a standard of performance and ensure recognition of
lodge leaders and lodges achieving this standard.
- Be responsible, through the Council of Chiefs, for the presentation of program plans,
ideas, and materials via effective meeting presentations.
- Involve members of the Council of Chiefs
in training and roundtable (forum) discussions.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Council of Chiefs meetings,
and seek input from all Council of Chiefs members.
Section Vice Chief
- Appoint, under the guidance of the section chief and adviser, members of the assistance
- Be responsible for the monitoring / mentoring service function of the Section.
- Chair the meetings of the Assistance Team.
- Provide sufficient training opportunities so that every member of the Assistance Team
may receive training shortly after being appointed.
- Keep the Section Chief and Adviser apprised of the status of lodges.
Introduction - Why a New
role? - The Basic Idea
- Section Officer's Jobs -
The Lodge's Job -