Search the Site
Evaluate the team as a whole, not as four separate individuals.
Be aware of the following 16 points during your observation.
Keep notes for suggestions to the individual character and team.
- Confident, strong clear voices
- Freedom from unnatural pauses or hesitations
- Articulate enunciation and correct pronunciation
- Logical grouping of words and phrases
- Thoughtful flow of ideas, not mechanical repetition
- Correct performance of required actions and movements
- Memory errors noted
- Natural, flowing and spontaneous gestures which illuminate
the spoken words
- Variety of facial expressions, tones of voice, loudness,
and speed, which highlight and emphasize key points
- Good eye contact with one another and candidates
- Appropriate, distinguishing costume for each speaker
(surpassing others; preeminent or supreme;
lying beyond ordinary perception.)
- They speak from personal experience, their own commitment to
the ideals and values they have set forth
- They have mastered character development to the extent that they
truly portray the character, challenge and tradition they represent
- They work together as a team presenting the message in one voice
- The interaction between the team members gives emphasis to the
message and challenges
- The ceremony was moving, inspiring, awesome!
INDIVIDUAL CHARACTER NOTES:
For each member of the team, note the following areas:
- Rate of delivery
- Eye contact
- Role bearing
This page was produced as part of
the official 1998 National Order of the Arrow Conference
web site, (http://www.oa-bsa.org)
by the web team of the NOAC
Communications and Public Relations Committee.
Send any comments to
Copyright © 1997,1998 Order of the Arrow, Boy Scouts of America.
All rights reserved.