Ultimate Frisbee Competition Rules
Ultimate Frisbee will be a single elimination tournament. Compete
with lodges from all across the nation.
Sign up as team event 904 on your Individual
A. All players must be under twenty-one (21) years of age.
A. A team shall consist of six (6) players.
B. A team may have up to five (5) substitute players.
C. A team shall be lead by a Team Captain.
A. Forfeit time is the scheduled starting time of the contest. If a team is not
present and ready to play within five (5) minutes of the scheduled
starting time, a forfeit will be declared.
B. A team may play a game with only five (5) players.
C. In order to claim a forfeit, a Team Captain must have their team present and ready to play.
D. If neither team is able to field the correct number of players, a double forfeit
will be declared.
A. Length of Game
1. The games will tentatively consist of two twenty (20) minute halves
(running clock) separated by a ten (10) minute half time period. The
length of time allocated for games is subject to change depending on
the number of teams competing.
2. During regulation play the clock will stop only for time outs (team and
officials) and injuries.
3. In the event of a tie after regulation play, a five (5) minute (running clock)
overtime period will be allowed to determine the winner of the contest.
If necessary, additional overtime periods will be played until a winner
can be determined.
1. Each team is allowed three (3) one minute time-outs per game which may
be taken at any time. One additional time-out per overtime period will
be allowed, but may not be cumulative.
1. Playing Field shall be 50 yards long by 20 yards wide.
2. Goals shall be on each end 10 yards long by 20 yards wide in addition to
the Playing Field.
1. To begin one team will Toss-In from sideline of midfield;
the team will be
determined by a coin flip prior to beginning of game, the loser of the
coin flip will determine which goal to defend and will have Toss-In for
the beginning of the Second Half.
2. Players must throw Frisbee to teammates to advance Frisbee towards
3. Defending team must give thrower one yard circle to throw Frisbee.
4. A Frisbee in flight is fair and open Frisbee for anybody to
5. A team loses possession of Frisbee if
a. Frisbee touches ground.
6. A goal is scored when a player catches the Frisbee in their opponents
b. Frisbee goes out-of-bounds.
c. Frisbee is caught by opposing team.
d. Player runs with Frisbee.
e. Tackling/Knocking down opponent.
f. Defending team wins tie-ups.
7. A goal counts one (1) point.
A. Decision of the Judge/Referee is final
B. Malicious intend to harm shall be penalized by
disqualification of player.
Back To Competitions and Recreation Committee