Basketball Competition Rules
Basketball will be a five on five single elimination tournament. Compete
with lodges from all across the nation.
Sign up as team event 901 on your Individual
A. All players and substitutes must be under twenty-one (21) years of age.
A. A team shall consist of five (5) players.
B. A team may have up to five (5) substitute players.
C. A team shall be led by a Team Captain.
A. Forfeit time is the scheduled starting time of the contest. If a team is
not present and ready to play within five (5) minutes of the scheduled starting
time, a forfeit will be declared.
B. A team may play a game with only four (4) players.
C. In order to claim a forfeit, a Team Captain must have their team present
and ready to play.
D. If neither teams is able to field the correct number of players, a double
forfeit will be declared.
A. Length of Game.
1. The games will tentatively consist of two fifteen (15) minute halves
(running clock) separated by a two (2) minute half time period. The length of
time allocated for games is subject to change depending on the number of teams
2. During regulation play the clock will stop only for time outs (team and
officials) and injuries, until the last two (2) minutes when it will stop on all
whistles (fouls, violations, etc.).
3. In the event of a tie after regulation play, a three (3) minute (running
clock) overtime period will be allowed to determine the winner of the contest.
If necessary, additional overtime periods will be played until a winner can be
1. Each team is allowed three (3) one minute time-outs per game which may be
taken at any time. One additional time-out per overtime period will be allowed,
but may not be cumulative.
1. Free throws will be awarded in the following situations:
a. Personal fouls in the act of shooting.
1. If the shot is missed, two free throws will be awarded.
2. If the shot is made, one free throw will be awarded.
b. Intentional fouls - Two (2) free throws will be awarded, plus possession.
c. Flagrant fouls - Two (2) free throws will be awarded, plus possession. The
player who commits the flagrant foul will be disqualified (ejected).
2. Bonus situation (one-on-one) - Bonus for free throws will be
awarded beginning with the seventh team foul for each half. After
the tenth (10) team fouls in each half, two free throws will be
1. Dunking will not be allowed at any time in the gymnasium, either
before or during any games.
2. The penalty is a one-shot technical foul plus disqualification
of the basket. Possession will be given to the opposing team.
1. Substitution shall be made only during dead ball situations
(time-outs, fouls, etc.).
2. Sustitutes may enter only when beckoned by an official.
F. Jump Balls
1. A jump ball will be administered to start the game and any
overtime periiods. All other jump ball situations will be
administered using the alternating possession procedure.
A. Three (3) point shots beyond 19' will be allowed.
B. All referees must attend the Referee's Clinic to be
certified to officiate games.
Back To Competitions and Recreation Committee