Back to the Main Page
Search the Site
National Conference Code of Conduct
The general welfare of any group depends on the conduct of each individual member.
This ensures the success of our National Order of the Arrow Conference and provides
the maximum benefit to every participant. As an Arrowman, I understand this and support
the reasonable demands of conduct expected of me.
As a member of the Order of the Arrow, I will:
- Observe the Scout Oath or Promise, the Scout Law and the Order of the Arrow Obligation.
- Wear my official uniform and the official conference identification throughout the
conference. Unofficial hats, patch jackets, medals, or decorations are not a part of my
- Attend all planned general sessions and electives.
- Confine trading and swapping to free periods and designated areas.
- Be personally responsible for breakage, damage, or loss of property.
- Observe quiet hours and lights out from midnight to 7 a.m.
- Keep my quarters clean, my bed made and dispose of trash in proper place.
- Not change my officially assigned room without permission from the Conference
Headquarters. The reason: emergency calls, for example, could not be delivered if room
changes were unofficial.
- Allow no unregistered person to occupy my dormitory room.
- Wear suitable covering in the dormitory when going down the halls. I'll also wear
suitable covering while swimming in the pools or participating in the conference programs.
- Observe all rules regarding the use of the swimming pools and other athletic facilities.
- Understand that the purchase, possession, or consumption of alcoholic beverages or
illicit drugs at the Conference will not be permitted and will result in immediate
dismissal (transportation back home will be at your expense) from the Conference. This
standard shall apply to all youth and adult participants. Compliance with state law
and university regulations will apply at all times.
- Comply with federal, state and city laws and university regulations, including those
which prohibit the use of fireworks, firearms, and gambling. Infraction of these laws
and regulations will be cause for immediate dismissal from the Conference.
- Comply with the university rule prohibiting the use of private automobiles on campus
with out permission from Conference Headquarters.
- Not be authorized to sell at the Conference. I understand that the official trading
posts are the only source for purchasing items at the Conference.
- At all times, be the considerate guest of a considerate host university.
- Follow the Boy Scouts of America's policy on smoking and observe all university
NO SMOKING restrictions.