National Service Award petition available
The new National Service Award will be presented
to two lodges in each region each year. These will be lodges
that have performed outstanding service, both in a qualitative
and quantitative sense, to their council.
To be considered for this prestigious award,
a lodge must achieve National Quality Lodge recognition
and submit a completed
National Service Award petition
with its recharter application by December 31, 1999.
Overview of the National Service Award:
- The first presentation of this award will occur in the year
- The National Service Award Petition will be submitted for the
first time by December 31, 1999, along with the lodge recharter
application. In the future, this award may be submitted annually
in the same manner.
- To be considered for the National Service Award, a lodge
must be certified a National Quality Lodge the year in which
the National Service Award Petition is submitted.
- Two lodges per region will be granted National Service
Awards each year.
- The National Service Award will consist of a newly designed
item with 21st Century features, pertinent logo(s),
lodge name, and year affixed.
- Award requirements are outlined on the
National Service Award Petition.